As in… a dose. Yup, the Everclear is done and WOW. I attempted to make gummies. I don’t have molds because I really don’t feel like filling 133 tiny molds with an eye dropper. I was going to make it into a flat sheet pan and cut out shapes or squares.
I started by heating the everclear so it would melt the sugar of the jello. BAD move! I forgot when you heat alcohol you lose the goodness in the steam. So I quickly through in some water. I didn’t have the plain packet of gelatin so I used some from a regular box, which wasn’t enough.
Of course I hadn’t prepped the tray and I was pretty much just wanting to be done with the whole process. I grabbed a muffin tin and had the remaining brain power left to butter the tin. I really don’t know if that helped. They came out easily so I am not changing THAT part of it.
It made 4 of the muffin tin. I estimated that 1/4 of one jello muffin would be a similar dose to what we’d been doing based on the weed ratio. They were sticky because they didn’t have enough gelatin.
I started with the water this time, 2 packets of jello and 1 packet of plain gelatin. I used a hand beater to make it melt faster. That just coated the whisk with strawberry sugar. Not all of it got incorporated so there’s some pink flecks here or there. They were sticky again because I should have used 2 packets of plain gelatin. I thought of that afterwards, of course.
Then I had the brilliant idea to coat them with something that would stop the stickyness. I made a mixture of equal parts citric acid, confectioner’s sugar and flour. As you can see in the picture, there is nothing coating those pices. The jello just absorbed it into is wiggly body, so they’re still sticky.
I am also taking 1/16th doses during the day to help with pain. It’s very effective. I wish I could be a mad scientist with strains that I KNOW their strengths. No such luck when you take what you can get. I’ll just have to start growing. ♥